Whitfield Advantage II, Room blower problem

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kc223

Jul 18, 2008
Roanoke, VA
I replaced the room blower on a Whitfield Advantage II, insert, serial # 76708, but it still is acting like the motor is bad. When I turn the knob to adjust the air flow, it just quits, and then starts up slow and bogs down again. It will not run on medium or high speed. Even when knob is on low, fan is making a noise. Is this a control panel problem?

Very well could be the board. Take an old extension cord and cut off the ends hook the blower to it and see how it runs.

Thank you for the advice. Sure enough the old fan works fine when using the extension cord. So now I quess the search is on for a circuit board. Can circuit boards be fixed? If so, who would you contact?

You might be able to get an electrical shop to fix it. But usually just buying the new board is the best route. Hearthtools sells them just look for his banner at the top of the pellet forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.