Whitfield Advantage II-T; adjust auger trim

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KeiBow

Nov 8, 2008
Northern Calif
Hello New Friends! I have a Adv II-T (1991) with the original analog control board (lucky me, it still works like new!). I'm hoping someone can define for me the 3 trim adjust pots (behind silver caps) on the lower right corner of the control board. I believe them to be conv, comb, and fuel feed trim adjusts, but which one is which? They are not labeled on the board or explained in my op manual. What I'm up to is I'd like to dial the fuel feed down a bit. With a new Ultra Grate, and on these not-so-cold-yet fall evenings, even the #1 heat setting is a little too warm for us. I'd like to back it down to just "keep-alive." (Am I going about it the right way?) Thanks much!

I would like to know thew same thing for my Whitfield Profile 30-FS. The trim adjustments are behind a pull-out flap on the bottom of the control board (a calibration button and 4 trim adjustment screws). Any experts here know how to make adjustments to accomodate different fuel characteristics, or general performance tuning?

thx

The trim only controls the auger time and combustion blower speed of the LOW Setting and or LOW keep fire Thermostat mode
Normally keep on 0 unless you have longer pellets then you may have to bump up the auger up a little if the fire goes out on low

Status
Not open for further replies.