Whitfield Advantage II T Cleaning

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mandkj

Mar 3, 2009
Watertown, CT
This is my first post to this great forum that I wish I found a couple years ago. I've learned more in the last few weeks then in the 4 seasons I've been burning pellets.

My question is about cleaning my Advantage II T. I do a thorough cleaning every few weeks by removing the fire bricks and baffles but there is nothing in the manual about the blowers. Is there a way clean them? My apologies if this has been discussed here but I wasn't able to find anything through my searches. This is the first season I've burned 24/7 and I have 3 bags left and then I think its time to finish with oil. I'm planning on making my pre-buy soon (although the prices aren't available until March 14th) but also want to make sure I'm attending to everything on the stove.

Status
Not open for further replies.