Whitfield Advantage II-T issues

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Rob123

Dec 15, 2021
Alberta, Canada
Hello, I just bought a 1991 advantage II-T pellet stove and when I turn it on the combustion fan will run good for about 10-15 mins then kick out and spins very slow. None of the setting will do anything and it smoked my house out when I tried to use it. Everything else works great and the stove is in excellent condition.

It is a 1991 model with the older style control board.

What is all needed to install the new style board into this older model with the rotary dials ?

Or what could I check to see if it's the control board or something else ?

My understanding is that you just plug in the new control board just like the old one. I'd love to tell you that someone smarter than I would confirm but if my thread is any indication- nobody is interested in talking about the old Whitfield's anymore.

I have two old Whitfield Advantage II stoves. One of them has the old rotary dial type controller and one has the newer electronic controller, the controllers are interchangeable. My electronic controller started working intermittently, The stove wouldn't start every time. I could get it started by unplugging the stove for a few minutes and plugging it back in and it would start ok. Then it quit working altogether. I bought a new electronic controller here:

It has worked fine ever since.