Whitfield Advantage II-T Pellet Consumption

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kbilling

Mar 28, 2008
Peone, WA
After a week now with my new (used) stove, I'm finding that I get considerably less burn time from a bag of pellets than numbers I've read about this stove. I'm getting around 18-20 hours per bag on Heat Output 1 compared to 35 to 46 hours claimed. Is my consumption typical for this stove? I think I have the damper adjusted properly. The stove has no trouble burning continuously on 1; no burn out or build up with premium pellets. I suspect that the previous owner may have increased the auger feed trim. All three trim pots are set the same and not at full left rotation. I'm guessing they're either all still set to the factory default settings or the previous own cranked them all up, not knowing what he was doing. Does anybody know which of the three trim pots is the auger trim on the older, silver faced control boards? The manual only shows the newer control board with the trim pots labeled.

Thanks!

It might actually be close. Thats around 2 lbs per hour it might be turned up a little bit but if memory serves the lowest you'll get is 1.5 lbs per hour which still doesn't get you the 46 hours claimed that would be somewhere in the neighborhood of .75 lbs per hour.

Which one is the auger trim pot? I'm guessing it's the middle one just because the relates closest to the location of the other switches. Do you know what the default settings are? All three of my pots are set at about 50% of possible rotation, which is the 11 o'clock position. Is that the same as the zero position the manual describes as the factory setting?

Status
Not open for further replies.