1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Whitfield Advantage Plus - Auger Jam using FDUs ! Also Cleaning horizontal chamber behind firewall?

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by Don2222, Jan 7, 2013.

1. Don2222

Don2222 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Salem NH
    Hello

This is the 3rd stove this season having an Auger Jam using Fireside Ultras. Way too many fines in the bottom of the hopper and in the bags! As Mike make it right would say "That is unacceptable"

So we cleaned out all the pellets and I freed up the motor. The auger motor ran fine but a bit noisy. We screened all the fines with a spaghetti strainer and put some back in. After cleaning the stove it ran fine.

They will not be using any FDUs anymore.

What is the best way to clean the horizontal passage behind the firewall that connects the ash chambers in the firebox?

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. SXIPro

SXIPro Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northern MA
    Strange. I see very little fines in the Firesides I bought. Some pellets are pretty darn long though...could that be the problem?
  3. Don2222

Don2222 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Salem NH
    That is interesting, maybe it was the local FSUs around here. I did not see long pellets.
  4. DirtyDave

DirtyDave Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    western wa
    best way is with rubberhose atatched to you vac, a potatoe brush will help some, but not much. Stovelark has a better way
  5. Don2222

Don2222 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Salem NH
    Thanks, that is what I just used. :)
  6. imacman

imacman Guest

Don, what's an "FDU" ???
  7. Don2222

Don2222 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Salem NH
    OOps should be FSU pellets. FireSide Ultras. Just yesterday I worked on a Magnum BabyCountrySide using FSUs and another Jam. Way too any fines in the bag this year in our area!
  8. DirtyDave

DirtyDave Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    western wa
    Don there is a T in the middle of that passageway headed to the combustion motor.