Whitfield Advantage Plus auger motor fit?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dl351

Dec 26, 2011
California
Hello. Can somebody tell me it this auger motor will fit my Advantage Plus? I ask because on some sites, there are auger motors that fit Quest and Advantage Whitfield stoves, while this particular motor only lists the Quest. Thanks in advance!

http://www.amazon.com/Pellet-Stove-Auger-Whitfield-Merkle-Korff/dp/B0032D26I6#tags

From the webpage:

"Cross Reference: 4515U1-063, Whitfield Quest, 93-0194, 12046300, ECM-6, V07524ACD9, Traditions & Profile series stoves, Avalon, Austroflamm Breckwell, Merkle-Korff, National steel Crafters, Lennox Hearth 6216, Earth stove, Envirofire, Lopi, Pellet Master R7-RGM451, V08038AA09, 6216, CAR003, 6807, V0752ACD9. 1 year manufacture warranty. If you need CCW rotation: Motor is reversible mechanically. Meaning you would remove the 3 screws that hold the motor to the gear box. 2 of the screws go thru the bearing housing, you remove those leaving the shaft/rotor in place. Turn the motor coil around and reassemble. This is an aftermarket replacement motor."

imacman said:
Most auger motors are the same, except for the RPM and direction of rotation. As long as that one matches what your original is, then it should work.

That said, the Merkl-Korf units aren't the best quality. These are a little more $$, but better quality and have more torque:

www.gleasonavery.com/catalog/pellet-corn-stove-motors.html

Thanks for posting that info. My auger motor is one of those listed. Listed at 66.50 less than other places want. That's awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.