Whitfield Advantage Plus Control Panel Fault?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay guys, I'm back. Received my new control board today. Hooked it up and everything is running perfectly. I took the insulating cover off of the back of my old board to take a close look at the PCB (printed circuit board). The board was darkened from excess heat at the upper right corner. There is a larger resister, a large capacitor, a transitor, a diode, and other stuff up in that corner. A more practical observation I made concerning the old board is this... while the old board was still running the stove I noticed that every time the auger motor would run the fan motors would noticeably slow down (drop in RPM). It had been doing that for a while I think (like since last year). Anyway, with the new board, there is no drop in fan speed at all when the auger runs.

I'm glad this forum is here. Made repairing my stove go much quicker and easier. Thanks again guys.

Just a quick follow-up on my Whitfield Advantage Plus... It has been two months now and everything is still running perfect with the new "902" control board. I love the stove, and, except for a tiny bit of erosion on the fire brick set, after 13 years it stills looks like a new one.

dannyashana said:
Just a quick follow-up on my Whitfield Advantage Plus... It has been two months now and everything is still running perfect with the new "902" control board. I love the stove, and, except for a tiny bit of erosion on the fire brick set, after 13 years it stills looks like a new one.

Great to hear! Hopefully it will last many more years.

Status
Not open for further replies.