whitfield advantage plus

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You could disconnect at the flange at the back of the stove ... usually just a pipe clamp securing it in place. If no change to burn, no obstruction. Other option would be to temporarily block the inlet outside to reduce air flow.

What issues are you having?

Yes cleaned everything with a vac there was 5 inchs of ash in pan when i got it home.Then the guy i got it from was burning in it with tje ash slides open had to tap them with a hammer to close them

Have you tested the door/hopper/ashpan (as appropriate) gaskets? Dollar bill test? Close dollar or similar paper in door, if it can be pulled out easily, time to replace gaskets.

There are internal exhaust pathways that need to be brushed/vacuumed too. Sometimes it is just a matter of removing the baffle... could try a search on the forum for specifics. The original manual really doesn't seem to address it.

There are two square holes behind the fake brick, then behind a metal shield on each side. Put a vacuum (watch for ash out the vacuum) into those square holed. I use a bent metal hanger to poke in there.

Reactions: Lake Girl
Both corners have little door that slide open and ash drops in pan.Do the side panels come off i didn't see any screws at all unless its those little slide doors there the ones that were seized open have 3 of them one in middle and one on each side

Found it

Attachments

• 20161123_190809.jpg
    20161123_190809.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 117
Glad to see you are getting up close and personal with your stove. Many folks use a dryer lint brush, bottle brush to get into recessed pathways. I've got the microtool kit for my vacuum and I attach a hose to the one adapter so I can snake it in farther. Not sure how the pathways run on the Whits but you should be able to figure it out.

You should also get a new gasket for the exhaust blower and remove the blower to clean the fins and exhaust housing. Make sure you use compressed air (canned will do) or vacuum the motor windings for both blowers. Dust bunnies are motor killers... Clean up the fins on the room blower too.

Remember to unplug when you're working in the cabinet.

Getting there went to put the hole plugs back in and my finger went right through the cap.Man they sell a hole plug kit 114.00 and there is only 2 in the stove so i don't know if they give you more in kit.I would hope tjere more then 2 in the kit there only 1-1/8 round

Getting there went to put the hole plugs back in and my finger went right through the cap.Man they sell a hole plug kit 114.00 and there is only 2 in the stove so i don't know if they give you more in kit.I would hope tjere more then 2 in the kit there only 1-1/8 round
Where did you see that price .... seems really high.

That area is behind the fire brick right? Should be OK as I've seen them used on the Magnum Baby Countryside stove....

There it but its not behind the fire brick there down below the burn pot in the corners.Yhanks for your help happy thanksgiving to you and you family

Status
Not open for further replies.