whitfield advantage plus

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad you sent link seems the MFG don't make those hole plug anymore.I have question the OAK on back are they need to je hooked up for outside air.I know some say only if you hook up in a trailer

I found the OAK on my stove made the burn more efficient. I know that folks that did not have the OAK installed initially have found a big improvement when it was installed ... better burn and less drafts as the air needed to burn the pellets was being pulled from the warm house air. That warm house air has to be replaced so air will flow in from the cold outside through any nook or cranny. Increases heat requirement and makes the house feel drafty without it. For a trailer, it is a requirement to have the OAK installed to meet code. Makes sense for all installations though.

Try a search of the forum for more discussions on this...

Well got new hole plugs in think when i replace the fire brick the side ones I'm going to cut to fit and put over the hole plugs for just a little more protection

Attachments

• 20161130_064134_HDR.jpg
    20161130_064134_HDR.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 79
Status
Not open for further replies.