Whitfield Advantage WP2 Control Board Question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Danzo

Nov 6, 2008
Marysville, WA
My family owns a Whitfield Advantage WP2 Insert type Built in 1988 Serial# WH-15515. To make a long story short when we moved our pellet stove to the new house some how the surrounds and control board disappeared from the moving truck so we are looking for a new control board for this stove and the part number is #25250801 this is a $500.00 board. OUCH! And we have not even found one in stock. Does anyone know if there is a way to wire in another control board that obviously does not cost this much? It seems like most of the pellet stoves work in the same way, or is there something about this stove besides age that is making it cost so much.
Thank you for any help,
Dan

I went on a search last year for a Whitfield Quest board and came up empty until late winter when one company began rebuilding them. If you can get one for $500 you may want to grab it while they're still around.

Im thinking about 3 toggle switches should do the trick.

You can upgrade the control board, With the new Whitfield control board, you will have to re-wire it. I think you can find the new board for around 285. Google Whitfield advantage parts..

Mr Whitfield said:
You can upgrade the control board, With the new Whitfield control board, you will have to re-wire it. I think you can find the new board for around 285. Google Whitfield advantage parts..
This guy would know just look at his signature:)

Status
Not open for further replies.