Whitfield Cascade Combustion Fan Issue

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nbuchanan87

Jan 4, 2014
Nebraska
Last night while running my Whitfield Cascade the flame quit dancing and slowly snuffed itself out. I tore the combustion fan out and cleaned it up, it is still running fine, cleaned the chimney, and cleaned the inside of the fan good. After putting it back together and starting it up it still acts as though there is not enough air being drawn over the flame even though the blower is running, or seems to be, just fine to keep it burning. Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Nate

Is the combustion motor beginning to fail? (Still spinning, but at a much lower rate)

Is the combustion motor beginning to fail? (Still spinning, but at a much lower rate)

This could be the issue. I'm not sure how fast they are suppose to spin but it seemed to be moving a descent amount of air when I ran it before I put it back together. One other thing I noticed what that this unit has two separate blower motors. One for the combustion/exhaust and one for the heat exchanger. Everywhere I look on the internet says this model is suppose to have one motor that runs both fans?

As far as I know, and that is very limited on the cascade model, it is supposed to have the combination blower. This one:

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-11-22-22-56-52.png
    Screenshot_2014-11-22-22-56-52.png
    138 KB · Views: 130
Last night while running my Whitfield Cascade the flame quit dancing and slowly snuffed itself out. I tore the combustion fan out and cleaned it up, it is still running fine, cleaned the chimney, and cleaned the inside of the fan good. After putting it back together and starting it up it still acts as though there is not enough air being drawn over the flame even though the blower is running, or seems to be, just fine to keep it burning. Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Nate

If it has a damper, check to see if it is where it is supposed to be, then I'd start getting the ash out of the hidey holes. Behind the firebox walls.

Big or small FASCO makes them all....... (of course your stove dealer/manufacturer won't tell you that)......

I have a cascade that im not burning , and it has the double shafted motor . I've never seen a cascade that didn't. There's allot of spots for ash to hide in that stove . When I got my stove it was packed with ash and burned terrible .

Status
Not open for further replies.