Whitfield Cascade feedback

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AlanDean777

Jan 6, 2011
Western Colorado
I want to add another stove for a section of my house and have recently seen a Whitfield Cascade pellet stove for sale. Pics look great and they say it has only been used 1.5 seasons. They want $800 with pipe, which I think is a steal. What are your experience with Whitfield? Are they a top end stove? I own a Lopi and love it, any comparisons?

Thanks fellow burners.

By the way, still burning here some nights and days.

i happen to like the cascade...its about as simple as a stove can be. its been in production pretty much since the dawn of time and very little has changed in the model. I have no experience with the Lopi, so I cannot compare.

None of that was Funny, DT

Yup, the Cascade reminds me of the days you could pop open the hood of a car and actually change the spark plugs.

Franks said:
None of that was Funny, DT

Yup, the Cascade reminds me of the days you could pop open the hood of a car and actually change the spark plugs.

sorry Frank, I cant be funny ALL the time...will try harder, I hate to disappoint.

btw- excellent analogy...+1 for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.