whitfield fan stops

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

alex123

Oct 8, 2008
wa
I just got a whitfield pellet stove.. I got no clue what model.. Its freestanding , it has knobs for the blower and heat output on a silver metal board on the right side.i would say its 10-15 years old but in very good shape .. the po stated they never used it. i hooked it up and all is well. I direct vented it. if i run it for a while the heat fan or blower will shut off.. the auger stays goin and the exhaust fan stays goin.. sometimes it will come back on in like 15 20 min.. or after a bit if i press the start button it will kick on again.. If i run it on heat output 2 -5 it happens quicker.. is this is normal or is it over heating? if so i would think the auger would stop feeding? it runs fine during this its just the heat blower that stops.. any clues???
thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.