Whitfield ignitor

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ctabbott

Sep 16, 2009
Colorado Springs
Hello, I am two years into be ing a proud owner of two Whitfield Pellet Stoves. It seems over the summer something went wrong and my initor des not burn. Everything else is working and blowing and feeding. Is it hard to replace the ignitor or should I call someone? Is there a guide or instruction video anywhere to walk be through this. How can I be sure it is actually the ignitor and not something else.
Thanks Chris

Chris, the fast fire ignitors are now put out by Lennox, call your closest dealer and have them order you a replacement.

ctabbott said:
Hello, I am two years into be ing a proud owner of two Whitfield Pellet Stoves.........Is it hard to replace the ignitor or should I call someone? Is there a guide or instruction video anywhere to walk be through this. .........

Hi Chris, and welcome to the forum. First of all, you didn't say what model of stove has the problem. I did notice on the Lennox website that they have an ignitor replacement "how to" guide for the Montage model pellet stove. You might want to take a look at that...even if it's a different model, it may give you enough info to change the one on your stove.

here: www.lennoxhearthproducts.com/owners/manuals.asp?pcid=3

I got this email from the OP. Can anyone answer this for him?

"Hi, thanks for posting earlier. I decided to venture into my stove to be
sure I could locate and replace myself before I purchase the ignitor. I
came across a A/125 V E6 fuse. It is blown. Any chance I am the lucky one
tonight and this is all of my problem? Is this a fuse I can get at any
hardware store?"

that is a common fuse, I pick them up at Radio Shack. With any luck thats all that needs to be done. That ignitor is not impossible to replace, just annoying and inconvenient at best, and annoying and really inconvenient at worst. My biggest worry would be wether or not the threads on the ignitor are stripped (they are supposed to be hand tightened, but when whitfield production moved to mexico in it twilight years it seems they just went crazy and torqued those suckers down). If that be the case a wee bit of muscle and a mallet may be required to remove the old "Hot Rod" and a coil tap may be necessary to get the new one in, maybe just reseating the threads. On the plus side, those igniters are usually pretty long lived so hopefully you only need change it the one time.

Status
Not open for further replies.