Whitfield Optima 2, rainy day project,need a bit of help or sanity check?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bioburner

Aug 4, 2012
West central Mn
I picked up a rough looking but electrically and mechanically sound stove I think. Anyone have a downloadable manual? Trying to figure out if the stoves ash bin is sealed with gasketing among other things. Got the auger out and all motors etc are running. If all fails may just use as spare parts for the Quest but liked the idea of self ignition. Only out of about $100. Update, found a manual online.

Last edited:
Why not run both?

Why not run both?
Having grief trying to keep it running. Acts like a breaker is shutting stove down. Have no idea if the newer control board detects high current draw and shuts the stove down or not. Anyone got a better handle on this stoves controls?

Hello

Sounds like the photo eye lens is dirty.

I would remove it an put a snap disc on the exhaust blower housing and then you would have a much more reliable stove. :)
Some stoves have the cover plate over the hole for the snap disc. If so Easy Peasy!

Just my 2 cents. :)

Will do as I can't see a photo eye being more reliable or cost effective and the fan housing has the hole too. I had to pull the auger so I made sure to clean the eye and lens. Will shut the whole area off in the bin. Another thread stated what disc to use and having a Quest will see what that one uses. Will try and just jump around the eye for now and see.

Will do as I can't see a photo eye being more reliable or cost effective and the fan housing has the hole too. I had to pull the auger so I made sure to clean the eye and lens. Will shut the whole area off in the bin. Another thread stated what disc to use and having a Quest will see what that one uses. Will try and just jump around the eye for now and see.

Good work, jumping the eye will tell you if it is bad and shutting the stove down!

Status
Not open for further replies.