Whitfield P20 help please. POS won't run!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well like i said there is 2 passages one going left and one going right that gets plugged with fly ash and then it cuts down on your draft. Also whats your pellet feed set at?. That is adjusted behind the door on your control board.

It would save you alot of time if you had some way to live video the back of your stove then i could walk you thru it

Thx Cliff
Feed level was low.

Hi Smokey

The Avalon Astoria's designed is very similar to the Whitfields. I think I proved if those chambers behind the fierbox were plugged with ash, then you would get less air, lazy flame and a real dirty burn. See link below.
https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads/avalon-astoria-dirt-burn-air-flow-issue-cause.94974/

The hi limit snap discs are 250 degree minus 30 degrees F ? See diagram
Anyway, I have seen these discs go bad or not work right. That must be the problem. Just make up a simple jumper and jump one disc out and run the stove. Then jump the other out and run the stove. This will tell you which one is bad. That is what I would do.
So just connect the snap disk harness wires together with a jumper?
Sounds easy enough.!

So just connect the snap disk harness wires together with a jumper?
Sounds easy enough.!

Yes, I do it all the time to test these things!

Wtf did I get myself into????
Why did they design this like so?
I hope the hammer and leaf blower works.
Remember, use the LBT AFTER the rest of the stove is as clean as you can possibly get it. The LBT is just to get any hidden ash. Open & close the front door of the stove while the blower is running, and bang on the steel back wall panels too.

So after a beat down from pops and a leaf blower treatment it appears it's running good again. I told him to do it after every thousand lbs or so this season to keep it clean then we will tear it down this summer for a deep clean and go over everything. Wish my little brother would have made a video, I guess quite a bit of ash came out.:rolleyes:

Thanks again guys. ;)

Reactions: SmokeyTheBear
Status
Not open for further replies.