Whitfield P20 Ignition Issue Contest

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Juy 13th, way too summery to be dealing with stubborn stoves...

I'll just tell you that everything on the stove works and tests perfectly in diagnostics. No problems other than it wouldn't ignite. I looked over everything again and again...after nearly 4 hours..I found it.

Here's the game...guess what it was? If anyone can get the answer by Monday, 6pm, You get a PSS T-Shirt...when the new ones come in that is.

ps, all gaskets were fine, burn pot fine, igniter fine, motors fine, exhaust fine, all voltages fine, photo-eye fine....something was missing.

Enter as many times as you'd like, no purchase necessary to win, void where prohibited:)

Air?
Blocked combustion intake? About the only ingredient you didn't mention above.

That or it was out of fuel, lol
---Nailer---

The auger or its drive pin was missing?

Bad switch, loose wire, lose terminal somewhere, wrong igniter, igniter misplaced, mucky muck above igniter spot, /shrug.
Nope, right igniter. Tested fine for Ohms, glowing bright orange, igniter air weep hole was clear and the NPNT thread was tightened up by me...but that wasn't it, even with all that it still couldnt spark up.....something was missing

You said exhaust was fine?

Hows about the term cap outside?

Been watchin this, and I am scratching my head also ;)

Missing Damper Rod?

Missing Ignitor collar? I worked on a stove where the Ignitor was laying at the bottom of the Ignitor tube! It would not start either! LOL

all gaskets were fine, burn pot fine, igniter fine, motors fine, exhaust fine, all voltages fine, photo-eye fine....something was missing.:)

A loose set screw on the impeller could have caused the impeller to fall off the shaft of the combustion motor... that would result in this issue. Don't tell me that the impeller was missing!!

Status
Not open for further replies.