Whitfield pellet stove controls

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Terryvelasco

Nov 4, 2007
Northern California
First time on site, but hoping to figure out a problem with my Whitfield Advantage stove. Pulled it apart today and cleaned it as I do every year. Went to start her up and my control panel lights for the fan speed and pellet feed rate are flashing??? Not sure what to think here. Checked all the electrical connections and they look good. Any thoughts on a cure?? I unplugged it a few times, and that did not help out?? Thanks, TV

There was another post with a similar problem (flashing lights) and the determination was the control board needed to be replaced. Before you go and buy a new one let some others post though.

YES
if all the light are flashing it is because the jumper wire in not in place.
That is telling you the stove is NOT calling for heat if you are using a thermostat.
Nothing wrong with the board.

At the bottom of the board is two Spade terminals they need to have a jumper accross if you are not using a thermostat.

If you have an Advantage plus the wires going from the two spades to the Speaker wire type connection came off or
the jumper across the speaker wire type connection came off.

Thanks for all the help folks. The problem ended up being in the thermostat jumper alright. What I found out, and it took a little time, is that the factory jumper wire loop actually rubs pretty hard on the stoves fixed side panel, when you open or close the hinged access side panel. The wire loop the factory supplies on the bottom of the board is too long. What ended up happening, is the stiff ( # 14 or #12 ) wire loop actually cracked the solder strips on my control board where the male jumper prongs are attached to the board. I had to carefully re-solder this crack, and changed the jumper connections to 90 degree spade connections so it clears the stoves side panel when you close the side access door. The bad thing about this, is the last time this happened, it came with a $250 bill, for a dealer visit and board change. Bet the same thing happened?? Thanks again!!

Good thing you didn't listen to me :)

jtp10181 said:
Good thing you didn't listen to me :)

lol
I still dont know if anyone listens to me.
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.