Whitfield Pellet Stove Noise

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

johndee

Jan 9, 2011
willamette valley oregon
I just had my whitfield pellet stove cleaned by a professional,I have never had any problems with it...when he was cleaning it,he said it probably wouldn,t last much longer,that is old.low and behold soon as it got cold out i turned it on,no problems......when i turned it off upon cooling it made a terrible scereching noise and the dogs took off for the hills.does any one have any Ideas on what this problem could be,before I blame the repaireman?thx john

It sounds like it has to be one of the motors, most likely the combustion motor. You would have to isolate the noise to a certain spot on the stove to be sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.