whitfield prodigy manuel

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jimml

Aug 22, 2009
bigcity otis orchards wa
I really need an owners manuel to fix my whitfield prodigy wp3 pellet stove.
I got this stove for free and it is missing the convection fan and the wiring leads to it.
The prodigy looks like it gets the combustion air from where the convection fan feeds in. I really need an exploded parts view and a wiring diagram to make sure things go back together properly.

Does anyone know if these stoves combustion air was fed with positive pressure by the convection fan? It does not have a duct for outside air to be supplied for combustion and this is unusual for a stove that is approved for manuactured homes.
I am currently checking the major components to see if they are ok. The auger motor is ok, but I havent gotten to the combustion fan yet. Is the combustion fan what is termed as the booster fan I see advertised online?

I really needan exploded parts drawing and a wiring diagram to get this back together correctly,
if you have a copy of a whitfield prodigy wp-3 pellet stove manual I would be very grateful to get a copy.

Thanks for any help or advice

OK I think I found a parts list and a wiring diagram, but I am having trouble with some of the lingo.
I don't know what a slaved exhaust fan is.
I don't know if I have a slaved or non-slaved exhaust fan. This would help me pick the correct wiring diagram.
will a convection fan from an advantage be a correct replacement?
prodigy serial # 5167
I dont see where the low voltage wires (red,white and black) would plug into the control panel
I believe I have an SSAC control board
Still wondering if this stove is worth the effort
I cannot see this much iron becoming useless
probably depends on wether the control panel is ok.

The Prodigy is a decent stove, but parts are tought to find for them. The fans can be rebuilt, but finding a new one is almost impossible. Definitely check on ebay, or search craigslist for someone getting rid of theirs for a parts unit.

Here's a good website for part info and diagrams:

http://www.hearthtools.com/parts/lowlimit.htm

rap69ri said:
....Here's a good website for part info and diagrams:

Rap, Hearthtools is out of business.....nothing on that site works anymore, as far as i know. Best bet to find parts would be to use www.Froogle.com, type in the name of the stove and a part number, and see what shows up....or as you mentioned, try eBay.

And on a side note, I miss seeing Rod on the forum.....another one of the Good Guys that helped anyone that needed it.

EDIT: I tried inputting the stove name in Froogle, and got this: www.google.com/products?q=whitfield+prodigy&aq=f

macman said:
rap69ri said:
....Here's a good website for part info and diagrams:

Rap, Hearthtools is out of business.....nothing on that site works anymore, as far as i know. Best bet to find parts would be to use www.Froogle.com, type in the name of the stove and a part number, and see what shows up....or as you mentioned, try eBay.

And on a side note, I miss seeing Rod on the forum.....another one of the Good Guys that helped anyone that needed it.

EDIT: I tried inputting the stove name in Froogle, and got this: www.google.com/products?q=whitfield+prodigy&aq=f

The website for troubleshooting is still going. I made sure before I added it to my post.

It does stink not seeing Rod on the forum.

http://woodheatstoves.com/prodigy-i-and-ii-wp3-c-292_90_99_95_262.html

here is the prodigy page on our site. some of the links might be broken, but most should work.
service manual is listed as well
if any of the links are broken you can search by part number as well.
we have nearly all the prodigy parts in stock btw. the parts that are not avail, we can fix.
dave

jimml said:
I really need an owners manuel to fix my whitfield prodigy wp3 pellet stove.
I got this stove for free and it is missing the convection fan and the wiring leads to it.
The prodigy looks like it gets the combustion air from where the convection fan feeds in. I really need an exploded parts view and a wiring diagram to make sure things go back together properly.

Does anyone know if these stoves combustion air was fed with positive pressure by the convection fan? It does not have a duct for outside air to be supplied for combustion and this is unusual for a stove that is approved for manuactured homes.
I am currently checking the major components to see if they are ok. The auger motor is ok, but I havent gotten to the combustion fan yet. Is the combustion fan what is termed as the booster fan I see advertised online?

I really needan exploded parts drawing and a wiring diagram to get this back together correctly,
if you have a copy of a whitfield prodigy wp-3 pellet stove manual I would be very grateful to get a copy.

Thanks for any help or advice

depends on serial number!!
13556214 Blade, Exhaust Blower Motor Cooling Fan (Outside; 5/16" hub for C-Frame motor)
13546210 Blower Motor, Exhaust (C-Frame, Booster,Neg. Pressure Extracts Exhaust to Vent ) w/ Cooling Fan
Blade (*SN 2282 & up)
13046109 Blower, Hall Effect Room Air and Exhaust (use with SSAC control board; *SN 2282 & up. Functions
as Neg. Press Comb. Air (push) into firebox and Room Air Blower.
12146109 Blower, Room Air (*SN 1001 - 2281)

what serial number do you have? prodigy 1 or 2?

fyi, i just checked out the service manual in the link i just posted, and it is a must have to answer the questions you have posted!!
if you still have questions after reading the service manual email me directly [email protected]

thanks for all the help
the serial # is 5167
I dont see any reference on the label about prodigy I or II
I will buy the manuel, if I get done assesing how many parts need replaced and wether its worth rebuilding.
At this time I think it neds a convection/combustion blower and the exhast blower.
I really like the small footprint of this stove- perfect for the garage, and intermittent use. But I am a bit hesitant about the positive pressure fire box, are other stoves set up this way? Should this be something of concern? It will be my first pellet stove.

The controlboard has 8478 written on the back with a permanent marker, is that the serial number?
And what is a slaved or non slaved exhaust booster fan?

Again thanks for the help, I am currently trying to tun an insert into a freestanding stove (advantage II with wrap around window #52593)

I went from awoodstove to 3 pellet stoves almost overnight and now I gotta get one set for winter. Talking to some friends about buying pellets by the semi. This may be a warm winter after all.

and whats with the firestarter thing- I sound like a kid playing with matches. Oh yeah I guess I am.

Status
Not open for further replies.