whitfield profile 20/30 questions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam2326

Dec 3, 2008
NY
My local repair guy said I need a new vacuum switch. I did some research myself and some testing after reading a bunch on here and I dont think the vacuum switch is bad. Hose connected, auger doesnt work. Hose disconnected, auger works. there is a constant bit of air coming from where I disconnect the hose from and obviously adding pressure to the switch and therefore not feeding. you can hear the vacuum switch click when you take the hose off though. Any help would be great!!! Thanks in advance.

Posted this in the wrong forum before. My apologies!!

Moved to the pellet forum for better response.

Adam2326 said:
My local repair guy said I need a new vacuum switch. I did some research myself and some testing after reading a bunch on here and I dont think the vacuum switch is bad. Hose connected, auger doesnt work. Hose disconnected, auger works. there is a constant bit of air coming from where I disconnect the hose from and obviously adding pressure to the switch and therefore not feeding. you can hear the vacuum switch click when you take the hose off though. Any help would be great!!! Thanks in advance.

Posted this in the wrong forum before. My apologies!!

Sounds to me like you need a new vacuum switch, but what do I know?

Status
Not open for further replies.