1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Whitfield Profile 20 Blowing Smoke and Sparks

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by Avgjoeshmoe, Oct 10, 2010.

1. Avgjoeshmoe

Avgjoeshmoe New Member

Loc:
    So NH
    Purchased a Profile 20 in 2000. Stove ran fir for the first two years. Ever since, nothing but problems. I clean the stove every 5 - 7 days. The Glass needs to be cleaned every day because of soot build up. Once a month, I do a full cleaning which includes full vacuuming of burn area, heat exchanger, motors, exhaust pipe etc... top to bottom.

In years past we have always noticed a smoky smell during start up. Last year the smoky smell also occurs during normal operation.

This season, after a full cleaning, firing it up I noticed sparks spewing out from the heat exchangers. Not from the pipes themselves but behind the louvers on the right hand side. The sparks were shooting 2 - 3 feet into the room!!!
    I'm trying to get the louvers off so I can look down and see what the problem is. Does not seem to be an easy way to do that... I'm open to suggestions.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

After reading this message board I'm really surprised that no one has filed a class action suit against Lennox. After owning this stove I would not buy another Lennox product again!

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Wood Heat Stoves

Wood Heat Stoves Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Nevada City, California
    sounds like you are missing some steps in the maint. division//
    shoot me a pm with your email for the svc book

if it ran great for 2yrs, sounds like basic svc issues to me