Whitfield Profile 20 Blowing Smoke and Sparks

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Avgjoeshmoe

Oct 10, 2010
So NH
Purchased a Profile 20 in 2000. Stove ran fir for the first two years. Ever since, nothing but problems. I clean the stove every 5 - 7 days. The Glass needs to be cleaned every day because of soot build up. Once a month, I do a full cleaning which includes full vacuuming of burn area, heat exchanger, motors, exhaust pipe etc... top to bottom.

In years past we have always noticed a smoky smell during start up. Last year the smoky smell also occurs during normal operation.

This season, after a full cleaning, firing it up I noticed sparks spewing out from the heat exchangers. Not from the pipes themselves but behind the louvers on the right hand side. The sparks were shooting 2 - 3 feet into the room!!!
I'm trying to get the louvers off so I can look down and see what the problem is. Does not seem to be an easy way to do that... I'm open to suggestions.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

After reading this message board I'm really surprised that no one has filed a class action suit against Lennox. After owning this stove I would not buy another Lennox product again!

Status
Not open for further replies.