Whitfield profile 20 fire brick

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

letsblaze

Feeling the Heat
Is this really needed?
My parents replace this dang thing once a year. He's gentle with it and the dang thing always breaks!

Two reasons: It improves the overall efficiency of the stove and it prevents the hopper from overheating... very important!!

The first couple of times I should remove it, I fiddled a lot with it and almost broke it...
These parts need to be removed first: Baffle plate, fire pot and both retention brackets. Then the brick can be eased gently outwards tilting it a bit.
Mine is the original from 1998, so I must be doing something right:)

Last edited:
The firebrick lasts along time. Doing something wrong. The aftermarket makes a stronger more durable piece and yes, you really need the firebrick!!

Reactions: Madcodger
The firebrick lasts along time. Doing something wrong. The aftermarket makes a stronger more durable piece and yes, you really need the firebrick!!
Ditto on advice. Don't even think about using stove without it.

Status
Not open for further replies.