Whitfield Profile 20 FS-2

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

botrott

Jan 3, 2015
New hampshire
Whenever I shut off my stove to clean out the firebox it will not feed the pellets when it is restarted. The lights and fan come on but the auger will not feed the pellets. There have been times when the auger starts and drops several pellets but then stops, when I see this happening I turn the stove off and wait an hour to start it again and it works. Any advice on this?
Thanks,
Botrott

When was the last time you removed and cleaned the pressure hose and its hose barb on the fan housing and the venting? The stove still have the electric proof of fire eye?
Welcome

When was the last time you removed and cleaned the pressure hose and its hose barb on the fan housing and the venting? The stove still have the electric proof of fire eye?
Welcome
I'm a newbie to this sort of thing. I've never cleaned the pressure hose or the hose barb on the fan housing, I did clean the venting last year and vacuumed everything I could see in the back of the stove and it didn't help. By the fire eye do you mean do you mean the igniter assembly? If so I've never checked to see if it was lit during this problem.
thanks for the quick response.

My profile 20 Had a photo eye and was assessable from the hopper and is a known problematic item:( The stove needs to sense a proper exhaust flow to activate the auger and sometime a warm stove will get loose enough due to expansion of the metal to loose it and so stove will not complete that auger circuit or continue with startup. See if you can clean the hose and the adapter that feeds it off the exhaust fan. Can stick a small wire or the like into the port to clear it and if you take off both ends of the hose blow through it to clear. I would consult the manual about cleaning the eye. Can jump the circuit if needed to rule out that pest.

As far as the photo eye, it's located in the pellet hopper, on the left side (at least according to the manual). Should be a hump with 3 x 11/32 hex head screws. This needs to be cleaned with a soft rag. That said, search the forum for replacing the photo eye with a snap disc. I believe Don2222 was the last to post about it.

Eric

As far as the photo eye, it's located in the pellet hopper, on the left side (at least according to the manual). Should be a hump with 3 x 11/32 hex head screws. This needs to be cleaned with a soft rag. That said, search the forum for replacing the photo eye with a snap disc. I believe Don2222 was the last to post about it.

Eric

Thank you both for the advice. I have cleaned the photo eye in the past and will attempt to clean the pressure hose this weekend.
Regards,
Botrott

Status
Not open for further replies.