Whitfield Profile 20-fs thermostat problems

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt P

Nov 3, 2013
Pelham NH
hi all, im new to this site and am hoping to get the info I cant seem to find anywhere else. I recently purchased a profile stove and really like it. everything works fine but i just hooked up a thermostat and not sure if i am missing something. it doesnt seem to be working. any tips would be appreciated. thanks

can anyone tell me what thermostat they are using. the one i bought said it was compatible with pellet stoves but im not sure.

I was just reading the manual (I have the profile 30 Insert, but the manual is the same) and it says that the thermostat needs to be 24 volts. I'm thinking that if you got one that says good for pellet stoves that it is millivolt. I'm not sure that it would work or not.

Eric

Make sure u have removed the jumper between the screws where u hook it up.

I think u need just a standard millivolt unit. One that runs off batteries .

Ya it's simple and works I've tried digital one that my forced hot air system uses but I could never get it to work right. One system is 24 v and one is milli. Good luck these stoves are tanks. Keep them filled with pellets and watch her burn

Tank indestructible very simple keep the eye clean if yours has one and they run very well. Very effiencet.

Status
Not open for further replies.