whitfield profile 20 won’t fire.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think my igniter has died. I'm not getting any reading on my ohm meter. this is the second one in 3 years. First one was replaced under warranty at 1 year. Is 2years about the normal life for these? roben.

oregonrider said:
I think my igniter has died. I'm not getting any reading on my ohm meter. this is the second one in 3 years. First one was replaced under warranty at 1 year. Is 2years about the normal life for these? roben.
For some reason the Profile stove eats up ignitors
I think it is because it is an off and on type stove so the ignitor gets used more.
Most other stove the ignitor only gets used once a day or once a week if they keep the stove running in hi low mode.

Also you might want to check if the ignitor is shutting off after the 10 minute start up cycle.
it could be running full time.

We have them in stock
http://www.hearthtools.com/parts/replacement_parts_for_Lennox_pelletstoves.htm

The profiles do eat ignitors, I'm not sure why. I have a Lopi that is off/on like the profile and the ignitor has lasted along time. When I worked at a stove store we probably replaced Whitfield ignitors atleast 5 to 1 when compared to other brands.

Thanks hearth and shane! I called my local dealer, he has one in stock. First time he has had one. last time it took a week to get. Hearth how do I tell if igniter is staying on? roben.

Start the stove and watch it glow, this should last about 10 min. You can see if someone sells a super igniter. They say they last 5 times longer any standard igniters.

Shane said:
Or disconnect the ignitor wires attach meter and time when the voltage goes away.
That is how I do it

Most people don't have meters, that why you watch it glow.. I use a meter, but I'm a electrician...

Hello,

I own a Whitfield Advantage Optima3FS and I'm experiencing an ignition problem.

Actually the problem occurred at the end of last winter season. I think I may have contributed to the problem by not cleaning out the ash pan, it was heavily overflowing to the point where it seemed to be caked up/hardened in the ultra grate area. I cleaned out that mess last season but noticed it wouldnt restart automatically anymore. I dbl checked the fuse on the igniter leads and it's good, what's the likelihood that I fried the igniter? Or could there be another issue Im overlooking?

Lastly, can someone be specific on how to test the igniter with a meter?

Thnx!
Frank

Buy some fireStarter squares... $8 a box.
A few pellets on top.. makes you feel like a lumber jack, starting your own stove.
Get the gas lighter with the long flex front, $8 for 3 of them
$16 a year against $140 self ignitor...

Status
Not open for further replies.