Whitfield Profile 30 auger speed

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fernham

Jan 26, 2010
Virginia
I have a problem with my Whitfield Profile 30. I've reposted an image from a post from "chasebel", 2/09, which looks like the same problem with my stove. Pellets just keep coming before the first are completely burned and it builds up and overflows. As it piles up on the bottom of the chamber, it catches and smolders. I’m concerned because it isn’t designed to burn outside the burn pot and I don’t want to burn through the floor of the chamber. I bought it off Craigslist used and this is the second season but I've had the same problem since I installed it. Last year I gave up on it halfway through the winter. I live in rural Virginia and can’t find a qualified Whitfield technician to work on it so I’m trying to figure it out myself. It was installed by a pellet stove technician who is not Whitfield or Lennox qualified but is knowledgeable in the correct way to install a pellet stove. The damper is opened all the way, I have dismantled, according to the manual, and cleaned ash out of every nook and cranny, sucked ash out the exhaust pipe with my leaf blower on vacuum, tried two kinds of pellets and I’m at the point I want to try changing the auger speed. Can anyone explain what to do when you open the drop down door at the bottom of the control panel? There is what looks like a reset button with/Calibration ~ v below, then (test jacks?) Common, Auger, Conv. fan, Comb. fan. I don't have a clue how to manipulate these controls as there doesn't seem to be anything to turn or push!?!

Attachments

• pellet stove.bmp
    225.1 KB · Views: 315
Status
Not open for further replies.