whitfield profile 30 fails once a month and fills house with smoke

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

steve cochran

Jan 3, 2016
new jersey
my pellet stove always runs pretty good except for the dirty glass. i clean it regularly about once a week. it seems that after the stove satisfies the thermostat there is burning embers in the soot that create smoke. but in the case last night the stove failed and the remaining pellets in the burn pot were still lit creating a lot of smoke in the house. sometimes i wish the control board had a flashing light for a code coresponding to what failed just like most residential furnaces. any information would be great. thanks

Hello Steve Cochran, and welcome to the forum. This issue with a Profile stove shutting off and creating smoke in the house has been discussed several times in the past here at Hearth.com. It is most likely the photo eye that needs cleaning. I found some of the threads where this issue is discussed. Please take your time to study these:
https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads/whitfield-profile-20-blower-motors-trouble.119081/

Good luck and take care. Keep us posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.