whitfield profile 30 glass gasket

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

trush

Mar 30, 2011
central bucks pa
just purchased a new glass gasket for profile 30 ....it comes with adhesive ...does this stick to the glass??? does it go all the way around i changed it and stuck it to the glass and went all the way around ...been testing it outside and it seems like the glass is sooting up faster than it use to ....what is "air wash" for the glass and how does it work?? thanks

An air wash bleeds air over the inside of the glass to keep it cleaner longer. If your stove has air wash, and you blocked the passages with the new gasket, the window will soot up faster.

Either the bottom or top of most Stove glass has a Gap, to let Air "Wash" in through that gap, and keep the glass clean. My Quadrafire is on the top. My Fahreheit is on the bottom and my Englander is totally different, in that it draws air through special passages in the bottom of the stove and has passages that run to both sides on the top of the glass. I dont have a Whitefield, so I do not know exactly how they operate. But someone who does have one, should be around shortly. Do you have an owners manual or a sevice manual?

Status
Not open for further replies.