Whitfield Profile 30 wiring questions.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

grizzly 3258

Jan 19, 2017
Wyoming
20170119_135000.jpg

I have a Whitfield Profile 30 pellet stove. It would run for about 20 minutes strong and then shut down. Did a little research and it said my eye might be dirty or damaged. Tried cleaning it like I have in the past and nothing improved. I took it out and it is cracked so I replaced it. Dummy me didn't pay attention close enough when getting to the eye I was undoing wires that kind of got in the way. I have a terrible back problem and by the time I got the eye replaced I had to quit working on it for the day. Came back the next day and forgot how the wires went from the high limit snap switch to wherever. I have a lone 8" wire and I think the snap switch must be wired in with the door switch but I'm not sure. I usually take pics with my phone but got in a hurry. If anybody could help or send me a picture I would really appreciate the help. Need to get that thing running to help the downstairs heat up so my gas furnace isn't running so hard. Its cold in Wyoming this winter.

Here is the PDF. You did read that the electric eye is suppose to be able to be replaced with a snap switch. Eliminating all the hassles of that item. Check the forum. Also the electric eye is just a typical oil furnace electric eye ($9), not the $60 rip off. I have a number of those if you want one. Some oil guy left a bag of them during a repair.

Attachments

• Profile_all-repair.pdf
    5.8 MB · Views: 413
Here is the PDF. You did read that the electric eye is suppose to be able to be replaced with a snap switch. Eliminating all the hassles of that item. Check the forum. Also the electric eye is just a typical oil furnace electric eye ($9), not the $60 rip off. I have a number of those if you want one. Some oil guy left a bag of them during a repair.
Yes, I replaced it with a snap switch(pic enclosed) and I think I have the high limit switch wired correctly also(pic enclosed) Thanks for the quick feeedback. I really appreciate the help. Let me know if you see something wrong with the way I wired the high limit switch if you would.
Thanks.
20170120_124928.jpg
20170120_124839.jpg

The overheat switch is in line with the auger motor line, that is also in line with the chimney pressure switch. If one of those goes off, it cuts off fuel.