Whitfield Profile20 igniter

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
polgara, you should be able to follow the igniter leads from the back all the way to the igniter (sorta dead center of the unit, a few inches up from the bottom). Its screwed in there, so a bit of "lefty loosey" turning and hopefully it just falls out into your hand. Occasionally the threads are stripped and what seems very simple turns into some banging, swearing, a lil more banging and a good pull. The blower is something else all together, you may want to start a different thread for that.

I don't know if there is a profile 20 insert made but if you have the free standing stove the easiest thing to do is pull off the blower fan that is located on the left side. It comes off using I believe a 10mm and I used a long nutdriver on the one nut farthest in the back. There are 4 nuts holding the fan.

Once the fan is off might as well clean it nice. You will then see the igniter. If you still can't find it, pull the pellet crate out and you see that little hole there that looks like a tube well that is your igniter tube follow it to behind stove and you should see it. The igniter uses 9/16 wrench.

Good Luck

The problem with the blower may be if your igniter is not working then the stove will never go into run mode.

If it's in ignite mode and never ignites it will just keep the fan on high until it sees flames then it switches itself to run mode which you can then switch fan speed. Light it manually for now and see if that is the case of the fan.

Thanks for all of the great advice. After reading all the posts on how to clean your stove, I went back and re cleaned everything top to bottom. I bought the ignitor gel and hope to give it a test this week to resolve the fan issue. Anyone have experience with the gel,? Should I light it, then turn on the stove to get air in to help the flame or do you let the gel burn down to the pellets then turn the stove on ?

Status
Not open for further replies.