whitfield profiule 30 auger question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mpodolski

Hearth Supporter
Aug 5, 2007
my who auger motor seems to turn until ist gets enough resistance then it turns the auger itself..is this right..i can't seem to find an exploded diagram or a schematic of how this is supposed to be connected

im not certain as i havent looked inside a whitfield for close to a decade, but it (the motor) should be mounted rigidly in place to the feed tube, otherwise the motor would simply go round and round if the auger got loaded up. have you got a digital camera? if so , shoot me a close up picture of the motor/ back of th feed tube and post it so i can look at it , im sure i could figure it out if i can see it. if not the whitfield crowd should be on hand shortly they should heve a definate answer for you, but i cannot imagine the auger motor not being locked down somehow

I'm not real sure what you mean. How long does it turn before turning the auger?
Mike,
The whitfields aren't ridgidly mounted they're free floating and when they rotate they "catch" on a bracket. if my exlainering is clear :)

Shane said:
I'm not real sure what you mean. How long does it turn before turning the auger?
Mike,
The whitfields aren't ridgidly mounted they're free floating and when they rotate they "catch" on a bracket. if my exlainering is clear :)

Englanders free float too. They are attached to the auger and "catch" on a part called the "auger shelf" when they rotate. :coolgrin:

BB - Englander pellet stove tech in training

Shane said:
Mike,

ok so the are similar to ours. didnt know that , just assumed since its a top feeder that the motor was "hard mounted" i wonder if the "catch bracket " is missing?

BrotherBart said:
Shane said:
Mike,

Englanders free float too. They are attached to the auger and "catch" on a part called the "auger shelf" when they rotate. :coolgrin:

BB - Englander pellet stove tech in training

yes, ours do free float to an extent , but they rest horizontally on the shelf , they do not rotate first to get into that contact , otherwise the top auger cycle wouldnt move enough fuel as it would have to move itself to contact then push.

P.S. hope you liked the DVD's BB. im still waiting for my first royalty check :) no matter i actually enjoy making them. im hoping we cn "revisit" the woodstove DVD soon , we tarted setting up for one but bob keeps punching out new pellet/multi fuel designs and it gets put off. im hoping that corie hasnt put in his chimney yet as i think it would be fantastic to film it for our video library. (have to talk to him about that one) glad you reminded me

I think most are free floating with a bracket. Harmon are really unique. Englander is very similar to old Earthstoves or old earthstoves are similar to Englanders however you want to look at it. Earthstove HP40 pellet inserts were tanks and had one of the most aesthetic fires that I've seen on a pellet stove.

Status
Not open for further replies.