Whitfield Quest and smell of smoke

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ricks

Mar 8, 2012
Western Maine
Hi

You have helped me before and hoping you can do it again. I recently gave my stove a complete cleaning including the leaf blower trick. I also taped the joints of the vent.

After I fired up the stove I have a smell of smoke in the room. Before I start throwing parts I was wondering if anyone knew what the most likely problem is. Door gasket, exhaust blower gasket, or what else?

thanks

Rick...........

Lights off, dark room and a flash light. Start it up and look around with the flash light. Bet you will find your leak.

Your door gaskets are under negative pressure so count them out.

Your door gaskets are under negative pressure so count them out.
Sometimes you might get a puff sneak out the door gasket on a hard start but you are correct once it is up and running.

Status
Not open for further replies.