Whitfield Quest Pellet Stove Issue

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bschrager

Sep 23, 2009
Long Island
First, I cant believe I just found this site!! I inherited a Whitfield Quest pellet stove with the house I bought 3 years ago. The stove works great except at the end of last year I ran into the following issue. Sometimes when I start the stove it seemed like the blower was not running like it should for the first minute or so and then all of a sudden it kicks onto full speed like it should. If I were to close the door while the blower seemed week then smoke would come through the blower tubes. Once it kicked on full speed everything was fine. I have cleaned it as much as I possibly can without taking it completely apart. It's in a very tight space and getting behind it is very difficult and access to the vent pipe where it connects to the stove is even more difficult. Does anyone have an idea of what my issue could be? Trying to find someone to service my stove in my area is difficult. Thanks!

Look here at this Whitfield site, maybe it will help you.
My stove is a Advantage 2T, if i dont remove the exhaust pipe yearly and clean out all the ash it will not run, either the fans will blow or the auger will not run, you probably need to clean your stove properly.
http://www.butkus.org/whitfield_pellet_stove.htm

I had a simular thing happen.My symptoms were low speed and could not keep a fire going, also smoke comming out the tubes. I replaced the combustion blower and it works fine. If you take the sides off the blower is on the right hand side. Very easy to replace!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.