Whitfield Quest service manual?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Frank Stevanus

Dec 5, 2010
Baltimore, Md
I am new to this forum. My girlfriend has a Whitfield Quest she inherited form the house she bought. It (the pellet stove that is) is at least five years old. No name plate on the thing, but it is a Quest. I understand Whitfield has gone out of business. I need a service manual on this stove. Any ideas? Even copies will do. I am an electrical mechanic by trade so if I can get some schematics ans wiring diagrams I can do some service on it myself. Thanks guys
Frank Stevanus

Hi. I was wondering where I can also get the service manual for the Whitfield Quest w/oval chute.My stove will not start when the start button is pushed.

Hi Dave.
The make is Whitfield quest.Model number number WP4 Quest, not sure if the serial number is on the bottom of the hopper lid label.I think this is the serial #wq4 23110

mike l said:
Hi Dave.
The make is Whitfield quest.Model number number WP4 Quest, not sure if the serial number is on the bottom of the hopper lid label.I think this is the serial #wq4 23110

sure, use the pm button to the left, under my avatar... and
pm(private message) me
make, model, serial number, and your email address

Whitfield did not go out of business. The company, Pyro Industries, was acquired by Lennox Corp several years ago.

On my old laptop I just found a .pdf of the complete service manual for the Quest ( NOT the Quest Plus ). I don't remember where I found it, so I'm not able to post the link here.

The Quest has the oval drop chute and the Quest Plus has a rectangular chute. The control boards are also different.

Anyways, if anyone is interested in a copy, please PM me your e-mailadress and I'll be happy to post it to whoever interested.

Note: It's the complete service manual that I have, not just the operation/installation manual.

Reactions: Dave E Cee
On my old laptop I just found a .pdf of the complete service manual for the Quest ( NOT the Quest Plus ). I don't remember where I found it, so I'm not able to post the link here.

The Quest has the oval drop chute and the Quest Plus has a rectangular chute. The control boards are also different.

Anyways, if anyone is interested in a copy, please PM me your e-mailadress and I'll be happy to post it to whoever interested.

Note: It's the complete service manual that I have, not just the operation/installation manual.

Hello Stovenson.. I tried to PM you but since I'm new to the forum I'm unable to do PMs. However you can try to PM me.. I would greatly appreciate that as my sister just gave me her Whitfield Quest but we cannot find the manual. thx.... Dave

Hi Dave, I'll be happy to email you the Quest svc-manual, but please set your spam filter to accept an email with an attached file from my emailaddress, or else it probably will bounce back when your installed antimalware senses an email from a far away country;)
I hope you have received my PM.

Bo

Hello Stovenson.. I tried to PM you but since I'm new to the forum I'm unable to do PMs. However you can try to PM me.. I would greatly appreciate that as my sister just gave me her Whitfield Quest but we cannot find the manual. thx.... Dave

Here is my e mail address [email protected] I would really appreciate it if you could pass a copy of the quest service manual Richard

Hi Richard, Welcome to the forum. I've just sent you an e-mail with the svc manual. If that doesn't work, you can also download directly by clicking on the icon below this post.

Attachments

• QUEST Technical Manual w-exp. view.pdf
    967.7 KB · Views: 1,973
Hi Richard, Welcome to the forum. I've just sent you an e-mail with the svc manual. If that doesn't work, you can also download directly by clicking on the icon below this post.

Hello Stovensen, Received your e-mail this morn thanks so much. Be good Richard

Stovenson,

I just joined the forum, largely to obtain more info on an old Quest insert I bought. Your post was a great help as I was able to download the service manual from your post. Thank You!

I have been using a Quadrafire Mt. Vernon AE freestanding in our family room for the past three years, and just picked up this old Quest insert for a basement office fireplace. Talk about two ends of the technology spectrum! But at least I can likely make some of the repairs on the Quest if needed. So far my only work on the AE has been to replace two thermostats (hopefully have that worked out now) and an ignitor.

But again, thank you!

Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.