Whitfield Quest with Odd Start Up Behavior

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Madcodger -

The air intake is what you see in the pic, only now a lot cleaner. There is about a 1.5" diameter pipe sticking out the back of the stove about an inch. The other end is simply right near the blades shown above. I just drilled a hole through the wall to match the size of the flex pipe I used, and bingo, outside air.

Hope this helps.
Yes, this is a help - but I'm not seeing the intake described. I have a Quest insert from about 1994. Do you have an insert or free standing? Also, I wonder if my blower was at some point swapped out and modified? Will keep searching... Not so cold this AM and Quest currently off so may be able to get back there easier. Either that or pull it and do a mid-season thorough cleaning after Christmas, if inlaws don't stay too long on their visit and I get some free time. Thank you for the info! Driving me nuts not to have this on OAK!

Yes, this is a help - but I'm not seeing the intake described. I have a Quest insert from about 1994. Do you have an insert or free standing? Also, I wonder if my blower was at some point swapped out and modified? Will keep searching... Not so cold this AM and Quest currently off so may be able to get back there easier. Either that or pull it and do a mid-season thorough cleaning after Christmas, if inlaws don't stay too long on their visit and I get some free time. Thank you for the info! Driving me nuts not to have this on OAK!

Mine is a free standing. I'd be surprised if there was that much of a difference between them though...

Status
Not open for further replies.