Whitfield Stove needs help

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

joselsena

Feb 11, 2008
Northern NM
http
My pellet stove is not lighting. It appears that the blower (or whatever it is called) does not blow air to light the pellets. What do you think I can do to fix this problem. I have had my pellet stove for about ten years and the only thing I had to replace was the auger screw.

jose said:
My pellet stove is not lighting. It appears that the blower (or whatever it is called) does not blow air to light the pellets. What do you think I can do to fix this problem. I have had my pellet stove for about ten years and the only thing I had to replace was the auger screw.

Follow the Service and Maintenance steps in the Yellow sticky post at the top of the pellet corn room.
Most of the time the stove just needs to be cleaned
the first thing you want to do is a full service.
This is the only way to tell what part you may need

If your stove is self igniting, you need to buy a heating element, I'm sure Rod will sell you one.

Status
Not open for further replies.