Whitfielf Renaissance Pellet Stove?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

zeeky

Jan 23, 2008
SE Alaska
I read your forum on the issues of the augur not feeding pellets but the issue we have seems to be different- so I'm just posting here cause I have no clue where else to post :)

We moved into our home a little over 4 years ago- it had the pellet stove in place. They said it had only been used a few times as they had alergies and couldn't use it. The past 3+ years- we have used it constantly for about 6 months out of the year.

This morning- we woke to NO HEAT in the house. Hubby worked & worked on the stove- it was not feeding the pellets. He checked all the usual things- no pellets jammed- no nothing. This eve., he took the thing apart and in tinkering with the augure motor- he finds there is a little button that if he manually pushes it in- the augur seems to engage and will feed pellets. I'm not sure how else to describe it- but it looks almost like a button?

We are on an island with a population of 3 thousand. We have no pellet stove service men within 100 miles- and they would have to take a 9 hour ferry trip to get here. This is up to US to figure out..... which brings me here :)

Any ideas?? I can take a picture tomorrow if that will help? (it's going on 11 p.m. now and I have to work in the a.m.) I have downloaded the manual and there are no pictures of parts. I have printed a parts list but we find nothing that sounds like this part. Does anyone know if we need to purchase the whole augur motor... or is there simply a part we can purchase?

The temps are in the lower 20's up here right now and fuel was at $3.44 per gallon on 12/1 when I last bought 200 gallons- YIKES! I know it could be colder but this is bad enough :)

Hubby added: "It's the cylinder that fits into the motor housing- it keeps slipping down ever so little out of the housing of the motor." - The little thing I thought looked like a button- was the shaft on the cylinder- which he was pushing back into the motor housing. If he pushed it in- auger would turn- if he let it slip out- auger will NOT turn.

For now- he thinks he has got it working by putting 2 washers on it to hold it into place... anyone know of a REAL fix? We hate to ordre the whole motor if it's not needed.

BTW- we have 2 pellet stoves now as we bought one for the downstairs last year... but that's another story ;)

Thanks in advance!

Zeeky, can you tell us the make and model of the stove?

Thank you for asking!
What we have found on the stove is:

Model WW-1RENAISSANCE/ERIN
Serial 04074

Thank you!

BTW... the washers worked through the night!!! :) We'd just like to get a "real fix" done REAL fast :)

You are a GEM!!! Thank you SO much!

So basically- hubby had it all down.... but did not think ahead to the FIBER washer! I called him at work and he's going to swing by after work and hopefully find one at the store!

Thanks so much again! Ya know... the internet and sites like this are WONDERFUL for many of us in remote areas! We DO appreciate you!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.