Who gets the last laugh now you stupid gum tree? Haha!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wahoowad

Minister of Fire
Dec 19, 2005
Virginia
Last season I learned the hard way how to identify a gum tree and just how hard and stringy it is to split. Well, it pissed me off awhile back while splitting but is burning hot and bright tonight!

First cold, rainy night here in Virginia, cranked her up for the first time and a good ball game on TV. I've been waiting 8 months to give a little payback to those nasty gum splits!

Just for dirt,when you empty those ashes,take a leak on the pile.

I have a lot of Sweet Gum waiting for pay back time.

You've been burning too Wahoo? Good deal, I'm not the only loon in VA with a fire burning.

Oh and SHOW THAT GUM WHO RUNS THIS SHOW! haha

Yeah, Corie, click-clack. I got my first burn on last night. The warmth put me to sleep the last 5 minutes of the Boston College - VT game so I missed the incredible come-from-behind win by BC. Darn.

This gum tried it's best to avoid my stove, all year it acted like it was gonna stay wet on my drying racks, even grew some elephant ear sized fungus out the ends from all the humidity it absorbed this summer. I couldn't even knock the fungus off it was so tough. Can't wait to burn the rest of it.

'Tis the season for revenge.

"Revenge is a dish best served cold."--Another myth shot to hell by the wood-fuelled thinktank known as Hearth.com!

I've got about 150 cord of sweet gum slabwood dried about 16 months right now in the yard ready to sell once we get that far back in the pile. Have never burned any , just might try some this year.

You were watching bc-vt? You do know there was a certain redsox game on last night :)

Dear Mr. Gum Tree,

Who's laughing now? 3 years of seasoning is enough - your time has come. Stacked by the back door, like a death row inmate marveling at the beauty of seeing your last snowfall. You may be light, you may burn fast, but burn you will.

got alot of gum here too....would rathre sell thim for logs...if they are worth antthing. nice, straight, tall anf about 24-30 inches across the stump. would be hell to split by hand.

cass

... Its a post resurrection....

This post has been dead for over 2 years...

Backpack09 said:
... Its a post resurrection....

This post has been dead for over 2 years...
lol, but resurrected by the OP, so it's ok.

I just wanna know if he actually pissed on the gum tree's ashes like suggested. when I read that I 'bout shot coffee out my nose.

Status
Not open for further replies.