Who Has a Pellet Savvy Wife?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ejectr

Minister of Fire
Nov 1, 2009
Brimfield, MA
I thought tonight...if I disappeared from the picture, my wife would be in deep doo doo with operating and/or cleaning the pellet stove and pellet furnace. She'd no doubt just go right back over to the oil furnace.

Any of you hot dog pellet stove users have pellet savvy wives?

To get more replies, change the title to something like "Who has a pellet stove-savvy wife???"

She knows how to stand in front of it and suck up all the heat.

Thats all.

Ejectr said:
I thought tonight...if I disappeared from the picture, my wife would be in deep doo doo with operating and/or cleaning the pellet stove and pellet furnace. She'd no doubt just go right back over to the oil furnace.

Any of you hot dog pellet stove users have pellet savvy wives?

Mine can feed and clean the stove. The pellet bag lugging is a different matter while she can do it she shouldn't, knee issues. Hey, what can I say this is geezer central.

This would have been a fun thread to have been a poll. Some of the choices could have been:

She knows more than me!!

She just knows how to get warm

She knows what fire does

She's clueless

:lol:

My wife knows very little. All she cares about is the heat, the money savings, and the looks of the stove. I wish she cared more. LOL

EDIT: My wife knows very little about the pellet stove. (She is computer savvy and might find this thread.)

imacman said:
This would have been a fun thread to have been a poll. Some of the choices could have been:

She knows more than me!!

She just knows how to get warm

She knows what fire does

She's clueless

:lol:
Don't know how to do that. If you do, be my guest to shanghai the thread and make it into a poll.

The Quad she could handle... She has cleaned it and fed it while I have been out of town.

Thats all we used before. So if something was to happen, I am pretty sure she would sell it all (Englander 30-NC, Englander 25-PDV, and Fahrenheit).

All that would remain is a bunch of pellets and the Quad.

And a bunch of holes in the walls from the other stoves ;-P

smoke show said:

Thats all.

No wife here but my brother also only knows how to suck up the heat.
Oh, he does know how to pour pellets in. I do all the maintenance including
replacing any parts that have broken along the way.

Ejectr said:
Don't know how to do that. If you do, be my guest to shanghai the thread and make it into a poll.

Can't change it now....you'd have to make a new one. It's easy....after clicking "New Topic" button, at the bottom of the page you'll see a link that says :"Add a poll to this Topic"

It gives you the ability to add up to 8 (?) "answers" for the reader to click.

I Would have to say Hotdawg does! :) She got the stove up and running today!

Yea she could keep the thermostat high and the hoppers full but the cleaning????????????

"When the she finds out what these boys are saying" That's the show I wanna see! :cheese:

My wife can tell me whats the hottest pellet we've got in the stash with her back side. Her and one of the cats love the heat. She will add fuel, and that's about it. But if she had to, I'm really sure she'll figure it out. Warm is very important to her!

Mine can feed it & clean it with no problem, the bags are a little heavy for her but she has done it. She also can soak up the heat with no problem at all!!

smoke show said:

Thats all.

That is strangely similar to my experience. However, mine did know that it came in another color besides black and insisted on the extra expenditure for an optional color.

Oh, she now understands that it shuts it self down for the periodic auto-clean cycles - which is good because it put an end to the frantic phone calls and text messages about the stove having gone out.

I do! I do! We bought a used stove over the weekend and she helped me install it yesterday in one hour! Sucks for us the stove stopped working last night for whatever reason. I left for an emergency meeting this morning and left everything in her hands including 1 user manual and two service manuals! Really didn't expect her to do much about it. I came home tonight to a fully burning stove! It was a sight to behold! I guess while I was away, she managed with the help from some of the great guys on this forum to make a suicide cord to diagnose the problem, tracked down and replaced two snap discs, cleaned the Jamestown stove (vacuum/ash pan and glass), got the kids to/from school and their activities. But I'm just mostly impressed she got the stove working and dinner was time too!

She also told me tonight that with the second stove running, we should consider buying A LOT more pellets!! Someone slap me! I think I must be dreaming as I foolishly plan my day tomorrow around buying more pellets!

PS. Apparently some guys on the forum made quite an impression on her. Do you think I should be concerned.....

hotdawg said:
I do! I do! We bought a used stove over the weekend and she helped me install it yesterday in one hour! Sucks for us the stove stopped working last night for whatever reason. I left for an emergency meeting this morning and left everything in her hands including 1 user manual and two service manuals! Really didn't expect her to do much about it. I came home tonight to a fully burning stove! It was a sight to behold! I guess while I was away, she managed with the help from some of the great guys on this forum to make a suicide cord to diagnose the problem, tracked down and replaced two snap discs, cleaned the Jamestown stove (vacuum/ash pan and glass), got the kids to/from school and their activities. But I'm just mostly impressed she got the stove working and dinner was time too!

She also told me tonight that with the second stove running, we should consider buying A LOT more pellets!! Someone slap me! I think I must be dreaming as I foolishly plan my day tomorrow around buying more pellets!

PS. Apparently some guys on the forum made quite an impression on her. Do you think I should be concerned.....
WOW...does she have any sisters!!!???

In the 6-7 weeks we've had the stove, she's picked up most of the basics of feeding and cleaning. Getting a large bin and scoop for the pellets has really made the feeding part a lot easier.

Deep cleaning and repair...that's a different story. If I wasn't around, I doubt either of those things would get done without paying for a service call.

hotdawg said:

Wow.... .... .... .... Nice.

Concerned??? I wouldnt be. As long as you obey her orders and get more pellets like she said. Lucky.... ;-P

I got the Kibash put on my Pellet buying... She thinks over 2 yrs worth is enough (3 yrs if the weather stays the same).

hotdawg said:

She's A KEEPER!

My wife cleans it and fills it. I travel for sometimes a few weeks at a time.
I start putting half bags in for a few weeks that way she just has half bags to put in.

Status
Not open for further replies.