Who installs stoves besides dealers?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cocey2002

Dec 28, 2007
Central PA
Hello, I got a great quote on a Thelin gas stove- 30% off but they want like $1500 for install including materials. This will go in my sunroom with 8ft ceilings. Where can I look for someone to do an install? Do chimney sweeps do this kind of thing. I want to purchase the stove from them but use my own installer. Thanks

With a gas stove he will just be poking a hole in a wall.

Actually, ceiling because my knee wall below the windows is only 18 inches high. He will have to go vertical through the roof. Also, a gas line must be taken from my basement to outside and up through the sunroom. My sunroom is on a deck. Thanks

Fifteen hundred for that job including materials is a steal. And I am a dyed in the wool DIY guy. But for that price I would be watching the driveway for their truck.

I was talking about just the installation and materials. That isn't bad at all.

Get quotes from certified gas installers. You will see. Of course Charlie the handyman could do it, without a permit, but he just might blow up your house.

BrotherBart said:
I was talking about just the installation and materials. That isn't bad at all.

Get quotes from certified gas installers. You will see. Of course Charlie the handyman could do it, without a permit, but he just might blow up your house.

Wow, thanks. I didn't imagine it would cost that much.

cocey2002 said:
Hello, I got a great quote on a Thelin gas stove- 30% off but they want like $1500 for install including materials. This will go in my sunroom with 8ft ceilings. Where can I look for someone to do an install? Do chimney sweeps do this kind of thing. I want to purchase the stove from them but use my own installer. Thanks

Most dealers in my area want around $450.00 for a compete install of gas stove or insert. This price does not include the running of the gas line, which will probably cost you about two to eight hundred dollars depending on if its propane or NG. and the distance of the run.
Almost no dealers in my area would run the gas line because of certificatin and liability. You either have to get a plummer, or a gas company guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.