Who is ready for the blizzard ???

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Took my older son to Potsdam this weekend to see college and audition. Its an 8 hr trip for us, the last 2 hrs of which are secondary roads. Off the NY Thruway the first road west is Blue Ridge Rd (aka Donner Pass :) ). They pretty much plow it just enough to make it passable then sand. Started snowing hard as soon as we hit it. 90 miles in steady snow, on dark, winding roads I've never been on. At times nobody around for miles. Subie did good but could have used a true winter tire.
Outback, Forester or Legacy?

Andrew

Outback, Forester or Legacy?

Andrew
Outback, Green and tan, sure you know just what it looks like there's a million of 'em out there. Its the wife's and she teaches so great for her to have the all wheel drive and it works really well. She's due for something new but I think I'll hang onto it for another year then and give to the boy.

Was actually fine but it was a long way to go in a snow storm. Going through the Adirondacks we didn't see a house or car sometimes for 15-20 mi at a time.

Ain't getting out of Logan today.

My office is in MA. They've consistently gotten more snow this winter and had colder temps a couple of times. I tell 'em: "I'm glad I moved to Maine where the weather's not so bad!".

If they get another 6"-11" from last night/today, as predicted, there are going to be some GRUMPY people down there. There's no where to put the stuff...

Reactions: Doug MacIVER
They are already grumpy! Now getting grumpier.

My SIL is showing signs of serious cabin fever. ;lol

Hah! We'll swap. She can fly out tomorrow and I'll stay home and feed the stove.

It's not the amount of snow, it's the disruption of a densely populated area. When's the last time anyone paid $250,000.00 for a parking space there?

This is why I have a long commute.

Went out sledding this past weekend . . . got stuck a whole lot . . . riding the sleds is great . . . getting them out of 2 1/2-3 1/2 feet of snow is not fun.

Reactions: Swedishchef
Hope this one slides by us. Have had enough!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    239.3 KB · Views: 257
Man oh man it is nice that we're not getting any of this snow lately. We have 2 feet on the ground. Normally by now we've been hammered 5-6 times with 20+ inches. Nothing of the sort this year...the NE states can keep it allll they want.

Andrew

Reactions: Doug MacIVER
18-24+ predicted for Maine this coming Sunday...

That should give us around 7-8 feet in a 3 week period

We are far enough west that we have missed the nor'easters this year so far (but plenty of lake effect). It's the cold that is really starting to wear people down right now. It's been below zero at night for 8 of the 11 days of Feb so far -- with the next 5 to be forecast below zero as well. Friday's and Sunday's highs are supposed to be around -5F with wind.

And now the good news: Blaze King don't care, just keep feeding that 4 year old red oak (once per 24 hrs)!!

Hey, you normally send the snow our way...I can't send a damn thing south other than Justin Bieber!
:)

Andrew
the Montreal express(bad), the heat breaking NW winds in july(nice). watch out for wed. biggie? you'll get yours we are over due for one in close. not really good as rain now would crush a lot of structures.
th
this place about three miles away?

the Montreal express(bad), the heat breaking NW winds in july(nice). watch out for wed. biggie? you'll get yours we are over due for one in close. not really good as rain now would crush a lot of structures.
th
this place about three miles away?

We will keep sending your the Arctic weather. We like sharing that!

Your weather girl looks depressed.

Oh no, not at all. She loves telling us how much snow is coming! They all do!

Oh no, not at all. She loves telling us how much snow is coming! They all do!

Lol. This is from last week. Same facial expressions.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 267
Status
Not open for further replies.