Who is shutting down for Santa?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunderliggur

Minister of Fire
Dec 23, 2009
Lothian, MD
Who is shutting down their boiler so Santa can get down the chimney? When I was growing up in Los Angeles my parents would leave the front door unlocked since we didn't have a fireplace (If a jolly old guy can get in through a fireplace I am sure he could get in a door). Fortunately, my kids are old enough I don't have to shut down the boiler. It is in an outbuilding anyway.

Had the same issue when the kids where young LOL

I am letting my stove go out until tomorrow because the kids want Santa to be able to come down the chimney.

My son is past the Santa stage, but back before that happened, I was able to point out that my chimney has three separate flues... :) I always scattered a few ashes and made a shoe print in front of the wood cookstove in the kitchen....

Funny thing is, he could fit down mine. been in it my self. Just boiler tubes at the other end, not little Cindy Lu Hoo

If santa thinks he can get into my house by going through my outdoor boiler's chimney...I hope he can fit through 1-1/4" PEX!

I am sorry, I am going to run my boiler and leave the kitchen door open. We will all be happy even though it is 16*.

Merry Christmas All!

Status
Not open for further replies.