who is still burning?????

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The report for Saratoga county, NY.
Memorial Day weekend is the designated date for setting tomato plants out. Its a family tradition of being the last frost date for our region. But thats not to say we havent covered plants after that date.
The stove had some time off but Sunday night was back in the saddle. Its still going with a low fire with cherry and birch and red maple.
I went thru 5 cords of wood this winter. 2 cords were aspen. I keep the house set at 59-60° all winter. Its 49° outside.

Reactions: OldLumberKid
Well, the fire is back burning for the next little bit. Down to 5C overnight for the next couple weeks.

Still burnin' trees up heah. Saw snowflakes yesterday and got scurred. We're getting closer to the end though.

Still burning . . . quite a bit further south than Wildo though . . . no flurries . . . but it was a mite bit chilly yesterday . . . we're down to just burning occasionally though instead of once a day.

Had evening fires Monday and Tuesday nights, lows were in the 30s. Tomorrow will be in the 80s. Strange spring so far...

KaptJaq

Lit one about two hours ago. It's in the low 50s and drizzling. The house was at 62° and I just couldn't take it anymore!

We hit 31 this morning, I've been taking the chill off with some bigtooth aspen & white pine.

Jeez, I have posted a couple times in this thread already (still off and on burning), I hope I can stop soon.:mad: Bloody weather.

93 today. I am done.​

Thermostat's now down at 53-55F so it won't come on ( it caught me by surprise the other week).

Even on a 46F night the house keeps enough heat after a 68F day ... but I would def. have burned two nights ago, if she who must be kept cool had not nixed the idea.

I almost made a fire yesterday but ended up falling asleep on the couch. I had started to rake the yard (snow all melted and most of it is dry..ish) but then it started to snow. I gave up!

Reactions: Wildo
Ehh I got the dickens 'cause I fell asleep on the couch and it was 58::F inside Tuesday morning. Mam was none to happy, I thought freezing but not 23::F.

Last season, I burned from mid September to the last week of June. This year, I didn't burn until mid October and only until 3rd week of April. I've burned about 1/2 cord less this season.
Must be all the hot air coming out of Portlandia ;)

We had 28 when I made coffee this morning, just a light frost.
Twenty-freaking eight ... where are you in the arctic circle ... that's just global freezing right there, it's nearly Memorial Day fer crying out loud.

54 later on tonight here is plenty manageable without a fire --- 71 right now.

Spotted the first big "summer-like" cumulus clouds in months.

Reactions: zap
It's been in the upper 20s low 30s most every morning here. They are calling for 2-3" of snow tomorrow.

Reactions: Wildo
Not tonight but probably have to start one up tomorrow evening. When the rain moves in for a few days the house just doesn't want to warm up naturally.

9:40 pm. Still burning here at 4000 ft. in Northern California, just enough to keep the stove warm.Lodgepole pine and a little douglas fir. Rainy day today, thundershower right now, 41 deg. low overnight.

Stove is 3/4 full of Larch right now but the stove is cold until about 8:30 at night. We had a warm spell for about a week where I didnt start a fire but now the frost is back. Highs of 17c this week with rain but at least the snow is gone! mowed the lawn for the first time this year. Third night in a row Ive had a fire. I think the end is near though.....

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    41.7 KB · Views: 104
Same with us here in Québec. Calling for low 30`s tonight. But it was in the 70s during the day. It`s 8:30pm and the house is at 72F. I`m just itchin`to start a fire, but the heat will be just unbearable in the house.

It's been in the upper 20s low 30s most every morning here. They are calling for 2-3" of snow tomorrow.

it will help keep the blackflies and skeeters down though.

more fires in the fire pit last 2 months than all last year...

I heard on the news the other day ,Sioux City, Iowa went from 28F to 106, talk about temp change !!!

Had a few beers and fired up the stove at midnight (30 minutes ago). 58 in the house and the weather man is calling for a low in the mid 40's. Burning alder that I cut down last July and pulled a few of the smaller Fir pieces that were cut down in December. Kind of fun burning the pitchy Fir.

Status
Not open for further replies.