Who is still burning?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like we are about done too. I won't be shutting down or cleaning until June or so just to be sure. If we have a few consecutive rainy days a fire might be nice.

Reactions: HollowHill
I would actually have liked a little fire tonight since it is chilly in the house. But dang it! Ain't doing it till Fall. This time of year is a problem with only two people in this barn. Not a bunch of cooking, TVs and showers going to keep it warm.

I am calling my "official" end of the burning season.
Last night I did not light a fire and it got down into the 30's.
Woke up super early and it was friggin cold in the house.....so...I lit a small and quick one...::-)
So that's all...putting the chief to hibernate for the summer.....no cold nights in sight in the forcast...
Oct 14-May 12...
Burning season done in the Gamma household.<>

Reactions: tfdchief
We just went up to our place near Rocky Mountain Nat. Park over the weekend and it was snowing and in the low 30's. Fired up the stove for the first time since March.

Still burning . . . I could be lazy and waste a bit of oil . . . but wood is more or less free . . . certainly cheaper than $3+ per gallon . . . and so when I'm chilly I burn.

I'm burning again tonight. It really cooled off this evening.

We are still burning, temp last night down to 30 deg, snow nearby, top temp. today 42 deg
Just a normal May month in Scotland

Yeah I think the stove burning would be a little much with the A/C on right now. Nice one in Old Brownie back on the South 40 last night though. Just chilly enough for it out there. then.

Put the bit of wood left in the breezeway back in the woodshed today. Glad to be done with it for a while. Now, if all that stuff that is cut down and waiting to be bucked and split was done I would be much happier.

Looks like I'll be burning at least a few more days. Lit a fire when I got home from work tonight and the forecast is for rain and cool temps at least until next weekend.

I'm thinking I may be done with the indoor fires . . . I was in the pool yesterday.

I will be "pulling the fires" on the OWB today. 99 will just have to use the gas furnace from here on out! As mild of a winter as it was, I still can't believe that I had the thing burning for 8 months!
Now at the lake will be another story. With the nc-13 available, I'm sure there will be a reason to light it off now and then.

Freaky weather here in UK last week quite cold wearing jumper weather but not too bad, had my Mum and step dad visiting so lit up the fire one evening to make it cosy but wouldn't have been too cold without it.

This week all change.........heatwave.......25C .....no way would ever want fire lit. Eyeing up the open air swimming pool and thinking shall I?

Next week who knows, could be cold enough to want one again.

Fifi

This is the first time since I cant remember when that we havent needed the stove on, for the past four days Scotland has been struck by a heat wave the thermometer hit 65 f (18 c) today, I know its not hot for some, but it is for us!

I didn't burn the last two nights and froze my rear off when I got out of bed in the mornings. I've got a good fire of alder going now just so it won't be so cold when I wake up.

Finished filling the woodshed on Friday or Saturday . . . temp was in the low 80s and humidity was at 98% (but no rain) . . . last night my wife asked about starting a small fire with some kindling and punky pieces to take the chill out of the house . . . it still hasn't quite ended for me . . . but it's pretty darn close.

Should have started a small fire last night, but we got home late. It was 45F and a tad chilly.

We're still burning. Getting tougher now since chimney draft sucks when it is 60 degrees outside but when it is 60 degrees inside we need heat and that is what wood is for.

I expect another few weeks of nightly fires. It rains frequently of course, you can see your breath outside most evenings and without any heat in the home the temps hover in the low 60s in the house.

So done. The weird nights in Icey Hollow called for a fire, but it was a short one.

Contemplating moving my firewood stacks around a little bit.

looks like I will have a fire tonight; first in a few weeks its rain and cool here today

Gonna be 42 tomorrow night, just maybe one more even if I have to leave windows open.

Supposed to get to 43* tonight, no way I'm lighting a fire I just turned the A/C off. The solar gain from the day should carry us through the night. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.