Who is still burning?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Before too long, a new thread will emerge.
"Who is ALREADY burning?"

'Who would RATHER be burning?' perhaps. I can almost hear the meter spinning. The a/c won't be off for quite a while.

Not I. I'd rather be outside, but we don't get miserably hot here. Most folks don't even have AC.

Hytyme is outside of Portland.... no much need for AC.

We re still burning, hoping we can get a bit of heat in July (heat for us is between 58-68 F)

I was burning the past four days...not the stove, but me! Power loss from the storm meant no a/c and temps over 90 indoors! We have a little generator, which allows the friges and freezer to run as well as the well pump, but not the a/c. In the cooler temps, it is no problem since we have heat with the inserts...but I can not figure out how to use them to make cool air.

Fortuantely, power came on today...so life is much, much better. As a bonus, large maple came down across the neighbor's driveway. He did not have a saw, so I cut it up enough to get his car through...he wanted to hire a company to chip the branches and also take down a couple hangers...so I told him if he wanted to save a bit, the tree guys could chuck the wood on my side of the property line. Score - about a cord of free and delivered wood!

I got soaked in the woods today. Came home wet and cold, so I started a fire just to dry things out.

This system is supposed to be the last one for a while. Supposedly we will finally dry out in the PNW.

While there were some 1,000+ record highs across the US this week, we in the PNW are still seeing record lows for highs. We also just had the second wettest June on record for rain in PDX. I got over a foot of rain here in June, and my soil is still saturated. I was burning again yesterday...

This system is supposed to be the last one for a while. Supposedly we will finally dry out in the PNW.

While there were some 1,000+ record highs across the US this week, we in the PNW are still seeing record lows for highs. We also just had the second wettest June on record for rain in PDX. I got over a foot of rain here in June, and my soil is still saturated. I was burning again yesterday...

https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads/40-chance-of-showers.87889/

Over an inch of rain in the last 24 hours.

You must be up north. We were sunny most of the day and in the mid 60's. It's cool tonight, already 51F.

4 am hasn't cooled down below 85, lookin at close to 100 today, humidity high also but no rain dry as tinder everywhere, this way out of line for my area. about 20 degs above normal temps. which means my utility bill will be 4x normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.