Who is the englander guy? Whos got a 13Nc?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

oilstinks

Minister of Fire
Jan 25, 2008
western NC
Who is the englander goo roo forgot his screen name? Or any one who has burned a 13 nc could help me. Gotta stupid question for ya.

And the question is?

Go ahead! Just ask your question and you will get lots of answers.

I have the pedestal model. It was a display and came with no manuel. The online manuel does not explain how the draft control works. I know it is a degradding question but just curious. Im sure a doober could figure it out but i just thought i wood ask.

pull it out - draft is wide open
push it in - draft is closed

Makes sense to me. thanx. didnt kn ow which way was what.

welcome! ;-)

Page 14 item number 8. All the way in is closed, low burn. All the way pulled out is WOW IT"S HOT IN HERE!.

will fully closed choke it out or does it allow some air to still enter?

oilstinks said:
will fully closed choke it out or does it allow some air to still enter?

Some primary air will still enter and the secondary air from the tubes will too. The EPA won't let'em let you choke it all the way down.

Everyone is spot on with their information. Even when fully closed, the air control is fixed open a certain amount so that the fire can never be forced to smolder (or at least that's the intention).

Corie said:
Everyone is spot on with their information. Even when fully closed, the air control is fixed open a certain amount so that the fire can never be forced to smolder (or at least that's the intention).

I still wanna see one of them before it is welded together. I swear that the air control has some effect on the secondary too as well as the primary.

Honest truth (scout's honor), we do not regulate the secondary air inlet on any of our wood stoves. Only the primary air is regulated.

Welcome back Corie. How was the Huggymoon?

BrotherBart said:
Corie said:

I still wanna see one of them before it is welded together. I swear that the air control has some effect on the secondary too as well as the primary.

you know, indirectly the primary control may effect the secondary , as the flue pulls x amount, if the primary is closed down the chimneys draw is not really decreased just restricted , this could actualy increase the air coming through the secondaries a bit. though i doubt its much.

Status
Not open for further replies.