Who is this company?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Never heard of them and I'm from the Worcester area.

As quoted from the Boston Enterpreneurs' Network:

Tanya Martinez, First Nation Wood Pellets LLC

My name is Tanya Martinez, I am the vice president and energy engineer for First Nation Wood Pellets LLC located in Central Massachusetts. We all know that energy prices are not going anywhere anytime soon. We are beginning to see the effects of global warming and there is currently an underutilized energy resource here in Mass. That is, wood energy.

My company’s goal is to manufacture wood pellets; pellets are used in residential space heating stoves. One major advantage of burning pellets is that it is environmentally friendly. Soaring home heating prices and pressure to reduce greenhouse gas emissions have created a prime market.

Did you know that we are located in the largest market for wood pellets? One advantage of our company is location. Local retailers are responsible for paying transportation costs and this cost is transferred to the customer. This high cost will be diminished substantially by my company. Another “one-up” of a startup is the opportunity to optimize the entire process. Equipment selected will minimize the demand for the most costly components for the plant: energy for drying, cooling and electricity.

Another asset is our team. The President for the company has been in business for 17 years and we have two consultants: an engineer for a wood pellet manufacturing facility with 20 years of experience and the President for Webster First Federal Credit Union.

The company is looking for capital: $4.7M that will cover startup costs, equipment, building and land. This will enable the company to begin shipping in August 2008.

Tanya Martinez, Vice President, First Nation Wood Pellets LLC
Cell: 617-686-1138
[email protected]

From newPA.com:

Harrisburg – Governor Edward G. Rendell today said new state investments will help two out-of-state companies open operations in Pennsylvania and help existing companies to grow.

Advanced H2O LLC, Mercer Island, WA, will create 85 new jobs when it opens a new water-bottling facility in Hamburg, Berks County, while First Nation Wood Pellets LLC, Worcester, MA, is expected to create 45 new employees once its Jennerstown, Somerset County, wood pellet manufacturing facility opens.

“Companies are opening and growing in Pennsylvania with the help of our targeted investments,” said Governor Rendell of the new investments approved this week by the Pennsylvania Industrial Development Authority. “With the commonwealth’s assistance, we are creating new jobs and are helping communities across the state grow and improve.”

The Pennsylvania Industrial Development Authority provides capital for infrastructure acquisition, creation and renovation projects, primarily for manufacturers, industrial developers, research and development firms, agricultural processors and employers looking to establish national or regional headquarters in Pennsylvania.

The authority approved $9.3 million in new loans during its meeting, Wednesday, in Harrisburg. The low-interest loans will leverage more than $24 million in private investments and advance projects in Berks, Fayette, Jefferson and Somerset Counties.

For more information about economic development initiatives in Pennsylvania, call 1-866-466-3972 or visit www.newpa.com.

Aside from many news articles about the "new" Pennsylvania plant, I couldn't find anything else about them in a quick search. My apologies in advance, but I'm hoping this isn't yet another "company" that seeks start up capital and then never materializes.

Interesting....hope it works! Im guessing that the capital might be a *bit* low, but dont know how much financing they already have. IF this does happen, they still have many nurdles to overcome, Im guessing, land aquisition, permitting, zoning, comstruction, etc....dont expect to see this happen for a couple years (and thats optimistically)

Status
Not open for further replies.