Who Makes A Big Black Pellet Bucket?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Drew1024

Jan 29, 2008
Central NJ
Need a decorative looking bucket for my pellets that will hold a 40 lb bag of pellets. Any ideas?

PelletPusher said:
Here is what I bought to carry the pellets up from storage

http://pelletpail.com/

Jay

Nice idea, but IMO, not worth $90.00.....a 5 gal pail and a utility knife do the same job. I can buy about 17-18 bags of premium pellets for that.

macman said:
PelletPusher said:
Here is what I bought to carry the pellets up from storage

http://pelletpail.com/

Jay

Nice idea, but not worth $90.00.....a 5 gal pail and a utility knife do the same job. I can buy about 17-18 bags of premium pellets for that.

I bought 2 stainless steel pails similar to feed pails. Keep one on each side of the stove....they look nice....holds a good amount. They will do til I find reasonable price on a good looking pail. I agree.....I wont pay 90....

I agree $90 bucks is more than it is worth. When I bought it it was much less
expensive. I guess the distributor thinks he is selling pellets..lol

Jay

They must be pretty proud of that thing to charge 90 bucks for it. Personally I would happily carry the tried and true 5 gallon driveway tar, paint or drywall bucket for a long long time before I gave some outfit that sort of profit. Keep looking , try google product search , shopzilla ect........... How about a coal scuttle? Not so trendy so they should be cheaper. I can't say if it will hold a bag though, its been several decades since I looked at one close up.

I use 2 coal hods that I bought at a yard sale. They hold about 30 lbs of pellets each.

A little black stove paint on them and they look great.

PelletPusher said:
I agree $90 bucks is more than it is worth. When I bought it it was much less
expensive. I guess the distributor thinks he is selling pellets..lol

Jay

Hey Jay, does the Pellet Pail work as advertised?

Status
Not open for further replies.